Employees are still the biggest cybersecurity worry for companies, but nearly 1/3 of executives and managers consider a state-sponsored attack likely.
Percentage who listed the following among the most likely sources of an attack.
Source: Ernst & Young Global Information Security Survey of 1,735 C-suite leaders and information-security and IT executives and managers in 72 countries, conducted between June and August 2016.
What causes Companies to be vulnerable to a breach by a trusted insider?
- Failure of the workforce to discern concerning behavior on the part of a co-worker
- Lackluster workforce training, e.g.no specific training in current threats, nor an appreciation of the consequences of a data loss
- Uneven enforcement of existing in existing security and IA policies
- Shortfalls in on-site personnel and physical security
- Broad access privileges for all employees regardless of duties or requirement
- Lack of a timely, coordinated and pre-planned response in the event of an incident